Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dynamic BJJ

When people say that someone has a dynamic guard or top game, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?

For me, the first thing I think of is a style that is perfected to work against anybody regardless of the size. It is like comparing Jeff Monson's grappling style to that of Rafael Mendes.

Monson does what works for him, but I feel that parts of his game, only he can pull off. But Rafael Mendes, 100% of his game is effective against anyone/any weight. This is what I think dynamic is.

Now a highlight of Guillerme Mendes

12 comments:

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

Gotta invest in some of those moves, wow.

kwile said...

I agree. Good post and love the vid.

Anonymous said...

I went out to brazil some times, but i Just have the luck to see the capoeira, not the jiu jitsu, but it looks realy cool

Jacob McCann said...

That looks really interesting, and I'm sure it'd make more sense if I knew what was going on. Interesting blog, +1 following

Electric Addict said...

i need to learn this stuff. i'm so defenseless!

SALADNZ said...

That Vids got some premo top game action

Anonymous said...

Nice moves they have. I wish I knew how to fight like that, but I'm too lazy. :S

Lance said...

cool moves bro.

LoneIslander said...

Those are some sweet moves.

Mekkor said...

damn, video not aviable in my country >.<
gonna search on youtube, maybe i find something there

Diego Sousa said...

awesome highlight!

Lemmenkainen said...

Nice match.